What's new for the 2017 SeaSucker Talon
The 2017 SeaSucker Talon includes the following:
- 2 Year Warranty - All SeaSucker Down Under sold Talon Bike Racks come with a 2 year warranty. The standard warranty elsewhere is 12 months.
- Redesigned vacuum pumps with red indicator bands - The indicator bands are impregnated into the pump, this prevents fading of the indicator band.
- Moulded rear wheel housings - Cradles the rear wheel and eliminates any sideways movement. Double-sided Velcro is used to secure the rear wheel.
- Crank Arm Straps - 280 mm x 19 mm double-sided Velcro strap secures the bikes crank arms during transport. To view our Customer's Cars go to our Blog.
- Aluminium Spray Bottle & Micro-Fibre Cloth - Only at SeaSucker Down Under. Fill with water only, clean your car and the vacuum pads & moisten them prior to use.
The SeaSucker Talon Single Bike Rack
The SeaSucker Talon is our go anywhere single bike rack; use it on almost any car with ease. It’s small enough to be taken on board a plane as carry on board luggage. That's ideal for cycling holidays when hiring a car at your destination.
The SeaSucker Talon can be installed in under two minutes and removed in seconds; no tools required. Its ultra-low profile minimizes wind noise and provides more clearance to fit under carports and garages. It fits easily inside the boot of your car when not in use.
The SeaSucker Talon is a 1 bike fork-mounted bike rack and uses our incredibly strong 152 mm vacuum mounts each rated to 90 kg direct pull strength. Secure your bike to the roof of your car without the hassle of a permanent bike rack. It can also be mounted on your boot, rear window or your SUV’s back glass. The SeaSucker Vacuum Mounts are non-marking, UV and weather resistant, and hold exceptionally well to glass, metal or fibreglass surfaces.
The 19 mm High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE) “L” shaped body conforms to your car’s roof-line. The SeaSucker Talon has three 152 mm SeaSucker vacuum mounts secured to the main board with marine-grade stainless steel hardware. Packing a combined direct pull strength of 360 kg the SeaSucker Talon has plenty of muscle and in-built redundancy.
Included in the standard kit is one Rear Wheel Strap (152 mm SeaSucker vacuum mount with a double-sided Velcro strap). The Rear Wheel Strap secures your bike’s rear wheel and keeps it from sliding left or right.
The SeaSucker Talon also comes with one non-lockable quick release heavy-duty fork mount; once adjusted you can release and secure your bike in seconds. Some minor assembly is required. The tools needed are: a 9/64″ Allen/hex wrench; and a 7/16″ wrench or an adjustable spanner.
Product Features & Benefits
- The easiest to install bike rack on the market; installed in under 2 minutes, removed within seconds.
- You will save money by not having to buy another bike rack when you change cars.
- You will save money through reduced fuel consumption by not leaving your bike rack permanently installed on your car.
- Use the SeaSucker Talon on your car, your partner's car and your friends car.
- Fantastic for cycling holidays as you can use it on most rental cars.
- Small enough to be taken on board a plane as carry on board luggage.
- Ultra-low vertical profile gives you more clearance to fit under carports and garages.
WHAT'S IN THE BOX?
- The SeaSucker Talon Bike Rack Kit includes
- 1 x SeaSucker Talon Single Bike Rack Main Board with 3 x 152 mm SeaSucker Black Vacuum Mounts pre-installed
- 1 x SeaSucker non-lockable quick release fork mount.
- 1 x 152 mm SeaSucker Rear Wheel Strap with moulded housing (152 mm Black Vacuum Mount with double-sided Velcro strap pre-installed).
- 1 x 300 mm x 19 mm Pedal Strap (Double-sided Velcro strap to secure the bike pedals to the frame when transporting your bike)
- 4 x 152 mm SeaSucker White Vacuum Mount Protective Covers
- Aluminium Water Spray Bottle & Micro-Fibre Cloth.
- Marine-grade stainless steel hardware
- Instruction Manual
- 5 g Lube Tube for vacuum pump maintenance.
- Installation of the quick release fork mount required; tools needed are
- 9/64" Allen / Hex Key
- 7/16" Socket or Spanner
Also refer to the SeaSucker Vacuum Mount User Guide for detailed vacuum mount specifications and instructions.
||1 bicycle only, max. 20 kg
|Bike Rack Type:||Fork Mounted (front wheel must be removed)|
|Vehcile Attachment Location:||Roof Top, Boot Lid or Hatchback|
|Vehicle Surface:||Metal, Glass or Fiberglass.|
|Vehicle Type:||Sedans, SUV's or Minivans|
|Quick Release Fork Mount Type:||One non-lockable quick release fork mount with 9 mm skewer|
|Vacuum Mounts on Main Board:||Three 152 mm SeaSucker Vacuum Mounts|
|Number of Rear Wheel Straps:||One Rear Wheel Strap with Velcro
|Main Board thickness (HDPE):||19 mm|
|Required vehicle surface length:||362 mm (unobstructed)
|Required vehicle surface width:||324 mm (unobstructed)|
|Weight:||2.4 kg Approx.
Like our motto says NO DRILLS! NO SCREWS!! NO PROBLEMS!!!